Talking Book and Braille Center – New Jersey State Library
The s a free resource for NJ children, teens and adults who cannot read conventional print books because of any type of disability. TBBC provides a range of services for children and adults including:
- More than 60,000 book titles in audio, large print, or Braille
- Machines needed to play audio material
- More than 75 newspapers & magazines
- Audiovision – newspaper reading service
- Audiovision – Internet Streaming Service
- Materials in Spansh and other languages
Service from the TBBC is source through the Library of Congress, is by postage-free mail with each book packaged in its own self-mailing container.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program – Library materials and assistive devices, such as TTY’s, are available for one month loan.
Please contact the library through their website or call 1-800-792-8322.
Services for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing: Libraries by Mail
Libraries By Mail is a free service for Morris County residents who are homebound, disabled or unable to get to their local library unassisted. The Morris County Library mails books, CDs, audio books, DVDs and more to your home with return postage pre-paid. You can make the selections yourself, or a librarian will make selections based on your profile.
For applications and to request materials, please call 973-285-6970.
Library-by-Mail Who can use the service?
All residents of Morris County who are home-bound, disabled or lack transportation to get to the library.
- select your own books or media (audiobooks, CDs, videos, music) or
- have librarians make selections based on your reading profile.
- selections are regular or large print and may include books borrowed from other libraries.
- request material by mail, phone, TTY, fax or e-mail.
- books are mailed to you with return postage pre-paid.
- ask reference questions by phone (973-285-6969), TTY, fax or e-mail.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for this service, and postage is pre-paid by the library.
What are my responsibilities?
Handle the books with care; return books in the mail bags in which they are received (secure mailing labels); return books by due date. Thank you.
How do I sign up?
Call (973) 285-6970 and ask for an application to be mailed to you. Or, your may print the application here and mail it to:
Morris County Library
30 E. Hanover Ave.
Whippany, NJ 07981
Book Buggy Homebound Visits
Free home delivery of library materials to those Riverdale residents who are unable to visit the library. You may print the form, fill it in, and mail it to the library or call 973-835-5044. Click here for the Book Buggy Registration form.
Please note that all the services provided by the County and the State Library are available to those who cannot reach a library. A note from a doctor or social worker is required.